Nonimmigrant and Temporary Visas

Do you have a friend or family member who wants to travel to the United States to visit temporarily either to attend a wedding, conduct business, or assist with the treatment of a sick family member? U.S. immigration law provides several temporary nonimmigrant visa options. A nonimmigrant visa allows a foreign national to enter the United States and, upon entry, acquire status according to the type of visa.

K&M’s immigration attorneys will help you obtain a temporary visa that will allow you to travel to the United States and request permission to enter the country. If you are granted this permission, your temporary entry card or I-94 will be stamped with an expiration date. This is the date on which you must leave the United States. You must leave before or on the date stamped on your I-94, otherwise you will be considered to have exceeded your permission to remain in the United States and may be subject to additional immigration consequences.

  • Extensions of stay
  • Visa Waiver Program
  • B-1/B-2 visitors
  • E-1/E-2 Treaty Investors and Traders
  • F-1 Academic Students
  • H-1B Professional Workers
  • J-1 Exchange Visitors
  • Fiancés (engaged) of U.S. citizens K-1
  • Spouses of U.S. citizens K-3
  • M-1 Vocational Students
  • Individuals of Extraordinary Ability O-1
  • Athletes and Artists P-1
  • Cultural Exchange Visitors Q-1
  • Religious Workers R-1
  • NAFTA TN Trade
  • Family Members or Lawful Permanent Residents V

K&M is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week to answer all of your temporary and non-immigrant visa questions. K&M’s experienced immigration attorneys will ensure that you take the proper steps to enter the United States so that your temporary entry does not affect your chances of applying for permanent immigration benefits. K&M’s immigration attorneys are here to help you in the Dallas-Fort Worth Metroplex area, including Plano, Allen, McKinney, Fort Worth, Frisco, Garland, Arlington, and throughout the United States.